Thursday, November 26, 2009

The tree

There is this leafless, almost lifeless tree outside my apartment. It is not always like this, the autumn and the winter are taking their toll on it. Looking out through the window, I was sketching it (on real paper using real pencils) when all of a sudden I realized that there was no more daylight to help me finish the picture. Slightly disappointed, I resorted to 'Paint' to indulge in my sketching enthusiasm for today. Here is the outcome. This is not the tree that is outside my apartment, those are not the people sitting under it, and there is no electric post like that anywhere close by. I know what you are thinking - "How kiddish!" I agree! :D

11 comments:

Unknown said...

He he.... You actually used MS Paint? Wow!!! And you managed to draw the couple quite well :) Kudos to Agila -the MSPainter :D

Himanshu said...

gosh!
you actually did that in MS paint? I can draw a straight line straight on an actual real world paper.. forget about even venturing into something like that on MS paint! :-P
ha.. now was there a couple actually sitting there or a figment of imagination of your 'sick' mind.. (pun intended ma'am ;-) )

Cosmos said...

@Abhishek & Himanshu
Using MS Paint is that hard is it?? Now that you guys tell me that it is, I am rather proud of myself, even it is just a tree and a couple and an electric post.. heehaahaw.. :D
Thanks!

@Himanshu
There was no couple sitting under the tree.. forget the couple, there is no bench in the first place.. :D It was certainly a figment of imagination of my rather 'slick' mind..;) Btw, what is so sick about a couple sitting under a tree??!!! :P

Vaga Bond said...

Very nice Agila !! so the "hobbies and dreams" project took off eh !! great going ! :)

Cosmos said...

:))))
Thanks!

Himanshu said...

@ Ags
Nothing 'sick' about a couple sitting there cozily.. that was an intended pun for the fact that you were 'sick' as in unwell..

Cosmos said...

Of course Himanshu!! I understood what you meant!!! :) I was just taking your case...

Sree said...

Thats indeed very neat...and if you did that with MSP, then gosh...would have taken you hell of a time...no wonder HE couldnt afford to offer you more daylight!! ;)

Cosmos said...

@Sree
Haha.. Thanks! :) The original tree that I was sketching was on real paper using real pencils.. even then HE couldn't offer me more daylight to finish my pencil sketch.. ;)

Senor Ramirez said...

reminded me of 'the last leaf' by o'henry

Cosmos said...

Wow! :)
But you know right, that this tree is not even close to my masterpiece.. My masterpiece will make even Mr. Behrman jealous.. :P