Saturday, October 13, 2012

The duel

He lay there defeated,
On the wet grass,
His sword at his feet,
Breathing heavily,
Wounds bleeding afresh,
Head throbbing with pain.

He opened his eyes,
In the darkness of the night,
Shadows cast by the moon,
Behind the purple haze,
Stood his towering assailant,
With a smug look on his face.

Groaning in agony, he sat up,
Studied his victor close, and said,
'You are the same, aren't you?
Our swords have met before,
And I have fought my battles best,
Yet why is it that I never win?'

His stolid opponent smiled,
Sheathed his bloody sword,
Donned his coat and hat,
Turned to depart, but paused,
And said, 'Thanks for the invite,
See you next spring.'

8 comments:

Borna said...

Wow! Amazing poem ! Truly brilliant :)

Senor Ramirez said...

Another pearl from the hibernation !!! I can only stand in awe, and hope for more ...

Cosmos said...

Thanks! :)

Himanshu said...

Phew!!! That was splendid! I cannot say more..

Cosmos said...

Thanks! :)

Srividya said...

Hi there - Stumbled upon here by chance. You have an awesome blog. I am bookmarking it!

amshuman.r said...

Great Great Ending!

Cosmos said...

Thanks Srividya! Always happy to have new readers! :)

Thanks Amshuman! :)