Sunday, August 23, 2009

Of dreamers...

Finally, I watched the Wizard of Oz. The DVD had been lying around in my apartment for a good one month, just waiting to be put to use. I was too tired when I started watching the movie and started to doze off towards the end. No no.. the movie wasn't boring. I was just too too tired. And this is not the first time I have slept during a movie. :D

Back to the Wizard, did I enjoy the movie? Oh, yes! I absolutely loved it!! (I slept only for a couple of scenes, which I was prompt to get updated about.) This is yet another movie where I am able to relate to the protagonist.

I have always been a dreamer. Dreaming in class, during exams, at meetings, on buses and trains, at parties, at work, and unfailingly, every single night. My dreams have mostly been about unrealistic things - ranging from me stuck at the bottom of an ocean in a drowned aircraft to talking monkeys driving cars to cutting ribbons of giant sized, colorful DNA with scissors. A book of my dreams would surely be a best-seller!

This wonderful song from the movie brings out the dreams most of us would have had at some point or the other. Revel in these dreams, for these are what that shape our inner world. What if they take us away from reality, reality has never been that easy anyway!

"Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high,
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.


Someday I'll wish upon a star
and wake up where the clouds are far behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops,
Away above the chimney tops,
That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere, over the rainbow, bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow,
Why then - oh, why can't I?
If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow,
Why, oh, why can't I?

When was the last time you wished you could fly like birds, over the clouds, over the rainbow?

8 comments:

Vaga Bond said...

we should have watched the movie when you were here, anyways i will see it now.
Nice post, and wonderful song! Love your dreams (specially cutting DNA ribbons with scissors, you are a born geek or what!!)

Cosmos said...

Thanks Borna! Yes, you should definitely watch the movie... There is much more to the movie than just dreaming! :)

I have had stranger and geekier dreams.. I will certainly write a book someday! :P

Unknown said...

So you are a dreamer. Guess what? I watched The Wizard of Oz when I was in 8th standard (on TNT), and fell asleep towards the end of it too :). Loved the book though... And the cute Toto in the movie :D

Himanshu said...

I have a dream, to remember my dream,
a dream full of passion, a dream so true,
Although I doze off with open eyes,
Of what i dream i have no clue :-P

Sorry for ripping apart poetry like that. But your post kinda instigated me to commit the crime ;-)

I dont remember my dreams at all. But, i have read somewhere that all of us dream. Me not remembering them doesnt mean that i dont dream at all. Well, thats the way i pacify myself i guess.. LOLzz

Rocking post Ags.. Keep 'em coming :-)

Cosmos said...

@Abhishek
Of course, the Toto!! :)

Cosmos said...

@Himanshu
hehe.. I forgive you. :P

Well.. if you don't remember your dreams, that probably just means that you sleep well. :)

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kabeer said...

The poem is simply amazing..

great work :)

Cosmos said...

Yes indeed.. the song from the movie is amazing.. Thanks for visiting! :)